Types of Disability Benefits
Assistance from Our Las Vegas SSD Attorneys
Social Security Disability is a program sponsored by the U.S. government that provides monetary assistance to individuals who cannot work due to a physical or mental disability. In this case, "disability" is defined as any medical condition that bars you from performing the job you did before the condition arose, or from pursuing another type of work. The condition should prevent you from being able to earn at least $1,000 a month in income and must be severe to the point that it renders you unable to perform even basic work-related tasks. The Social Security Administration (SSA) has a list of medical conditions that are eligible for disability assistance, but you may be able to qualify for benefits even if your condition is not included on the list.
Fighting Claim Denials
Filing a disability claim can be done over the phone, in person, or on the internet. Roughly 60% of all claims are disapproved. If your application is denied, you have the option of filing a Request for Reconsideration within 60 days of receiving your denial notice or filing for a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge. If a judge denies your claim as well, you can file an appeal. If your appeal is unsuccessful, you have the option of filing an appeal with the Federal District Court. As the denial rate for disability benefits is so high, it is important that you contact a skilled Social Security Disability attorney in Las Vegas who can represent you throughout the application process and fight for an approval to your claim.
Passionate Legal Advocates during your SSD Claim
Unfortunately, the odds of being awarded benefits are against you if you file a claim for disability benefits on your own. That is why you need someone who is experienced and will ensure that your social security disability claim is complete and free of errors, and therefore, more likely to be accepted. At Disability Action Advocates, we have successfully helped thousands of individuals obtain the disability benefits they need. Our Las Vegas Social Security Disability advocates are available to represent you if you are filing your initial claim, filing for reconsideration, or for an appeal.
No matter where you are in the process, we will provide you with aggressive support in seeking compensation for your disability. Call us today at (888) 421-8705.
- What Do Social Security Disability Benefits Pay For? - After you've determined that you're eligible to receive SSD benefits, you may be asking if there are any restrictions on how you can spend those benefits. Continue reading to learn the answer.
- Benefits Without Health Insurance
- Was Your Application for SSD Benefits Denied?
- Filing for Social Security Disability Benefits in Henderson?
- Am I entitled to past-due benefits?
- Will disability benefits affect my retirement benefits?
- What are the benefits of SSDI over long term disability insurance?
- How many different types of Social Security disability benefits are there?
- How do I apply for Social Security disability benefits?