Do You Have a Disability Claim in Las Vegas?
Requirements for Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security Disability benefits are available to individuals who have a medical condition that prevents them from working full time. If you have a mental or physical medical condition, you can file a claim for benefits with the Social Security Administration (SSA). However, there are a number of requirements you will have to meet in order for your claim to be considered valid.
The evaluation process of your claim will take the following into account:
- Work status - Whether or not you currently have employment, or are able to earn a limited income only.
- Previous work - Does your disability prevent you from doing any of your previous work?
- Severity of your condition - Your condition must prevent you from working for a minimum of 12 months, or be expected to result in death.
- Listed Impairments - Your condition must be included on the listed impairments, or equal a condition already included on the list.
- Ability to perform another job - The SSA will determine if there are other jobs in your area that you could perform based on your age and medical condition.
- Age - If you are over the age of 50, it is more likely that you will be eligible for disability benefits.
A qualified Las Vegas SSD lawyer or representative is available to help you determine the validity of your Social Security Disability claim.
Fighting to Protect Your Rights
While you can file for Social Security Disability benefits on your own, you stand a much better chance of having your claim approved if you have the help of an experienced attorney or representative. At Disability Action Advocates, we have successfully obtained benefits on behalf of many of our disabled clients. Our Las Vegas Social Security Disability representatives can assist you in filing a claim that is free of incomplete or inaccurate information, inadequate medical evidence, or other errors that would reduce the likelihood of an approval.
FOCUSED EXCLUSIVELY ON SSD & SSIOur Services Include:
Filing all forms for the initial application, reconsideration & hearing
Helping you through each step of the process so you know what to expect
Coordinating any social security doctor appointments you may have
Obtaining all your medical records and gather the necessary information
Reviewing your file thoroughly to discover weaknesses & determine what is needed to obtain a favorable decision
Representing you at a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge
Supporting you throughout the entire process
Appealing your case if appropriate