Do You Have a Disability Claim in Las Vegas?
Requirements for Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security Disability benefits are available to individuals who have a medical condition that prevents
them from working full time. If you have a mental or physical medical
condition, you can file a claim for benefits with the
Social Security Administration (SSA). However, there are a number of requirements you will have to meet
in order for your claim to be considered valid.
The evaluation process of your claim will take the following into account:
- Work status - Whether or not you currently have employment, or are able
to earn a limited income only.
- Previous work - Does your disability prevent you from doing any of your
- Severity of your condition - Your condition must prevent you from working
for a minimum of 12 months, or be expected to result in death.
- Listed Impairments - Your condition must be included on the listed impairments,
or equal a condition already included on the list.
- Ability to perform another job - The SSA will determine if there are other
jobs in your area that you could perform based on your age and medical
- Age - If you are over the age of 50, it is more likely that you will be
eligible for disability benefits.
A qualified Las Vegas SSD lawyer or representative is available to help
you determine the validity of your Social Security Disability claim.
Fighting to Protect Your Rights
While you can file for Social Security Disability benefits on your own,
you stand a much better chance of having your claim approved if you have
the help of an experienced attorney or representative. At Disability Action
Advocates, we have successfully obtained benefits on behalf of many of
our disabled clients. Our Las Vegas Social Security Disability representatives
can assist you in filing a claim that is free of incomplete or inaccurate
information, inadequate medical evidence, or other errors that would reduce
the likelihood of an approval.