Las Vegas Social Security Disability Hearing Advocates
The Importance of a Disability Hearing
Every claimant has the right to appeal decisions made by the SSA for their benefits or SSI payments. If you were determined to not meet requirements, you can request a review, the first part of which is a reconsideration determination. This gives you a new decision by someone not involved in the first determination. If you still disagree, you have the right to a hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge, or ALJ. If, after this decision, you still disagree, a request for a review may be filed in the Appeals Council.
The SSD Hearing Process
Before Your hearing:
- Along with your representative, you can submit any missing evidence to strengthen your claim. This should be done as soon as possible.
At Your hearing:
- The Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) will explain issues, question you, and question any witnesses.
- The ALJ in your case can call additional witnesses to come to your hearing.
- You'll answer all questions while under oath and the hearing will be recorded.
- You or your representative can submit new evidence or question witnesses.
After Your hearing:
- The ALJ in your case will write a decision after going over all evidence.
- The ALJ will send your representative, or yourself if you do not have a representative, a copy of their decision or order for dismissal.
- You will receive this decision in one to three months.
Retaining the Proper Representation
After you request your appeal and the hearing in front of the ALJ is scheduled, DAA can assist you. We can go through expert witnesses, opening statements, testimony from medical and vocational experts, and all other records to ensure they are in the correct language and up-to-date to present in your case. With Disability Action Advocates on your side, we can avoid common pitfalls and give you the best chance at a successful outcome, keeping all potential issues in mind.
Even if you have received a denial of your claim, DAA can assist you through the appeals process. We never charge a legal fee unless we are able to win your case.
Call our Las Vegas Social Security Disability attorneys at (888) 421-8705 for a free consultation today.