Las Vegas Social Security Disability Hearing Advocates
The Importance of a Disability Hearing
Every claimant has the right to appeal decisions made by the SSA for their
benefits or SSI payments. If you were determined to not meet requirements,
you can request a review, the first part of which is a reconsideration
determination. This gives you a new decision by someone not involved in
the first determination. If you still disagree, you have the right to
a hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge, or ALJ. If, after this
decision, you still disagree, a request for a review may be filed in the
The SSD Hearing Process
Before Your hearing:
- Along with your representative, you can submit any missing evidence to
strengthen your claim. This should be done as soon as possible.
At Your hearing:
- The Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) will explain issues, question you, and
question any witnesses.
- The ALJ in your case can call additional witnesses to come to your hearing.
- You'll answer all questions while under oath and the hearing will be recorded.
- You or your representative can submit new evidence or question witnesses.
After Your hearing:
- The ALJ in your case will write a decision after going over all evidence.
- The ALJ will send your representative, or yourself if you do not have a
representative, a copy of their decision or order for dismissal.
- You will receive this decision in one to three months.
Retaining the Proper Representation
After you request your appeal and the hearing in front of the ALJ is scheduled,
DAA can assist you. We can go through expert witnesses, opening statements,
testimony from medical and vocational experts, and all other records to
ensure they are in the correct language and up-to-date to present in your
case. With Disability Action Advocates on your side, we can avoid common
pitfalls and give you the best chance at a successful outcome, keeping
all potential issues in mind.
Even if you have received a denial of your claim, DAA can assist you through
the appeals process. We never charge a legal fee unless we are able to
win your case.
Call our Las Vegas Social Security Disability attorney and representatives
at (888) 421-8705 for a
free consultation today.