A Las Vegas Social Security Disability representative understands how to help you get the maximum Social Security benefits. Don’t claim yours without talking to us first!
It can be a mistake to claim your Social Security benefits without a proper understanding of the guidelines that determine how much you will collect, because if you do it wrong, it could permanently lower the amount of your monthly benefits. That’s true whether you’re collecting retirement, spousal, disability, survivors, or SSI benefits. And some of those rules have changed in 2017, making it all that much more important that you have the information you need before claiming yours.
Here are the most significant changes to Social Security retirement benefits in 2017:
- If you currently collect benefits, you’ll receive a 0.3 percent cost of living adjustment.
- If you reach retirement age after 2017, you will be able to work and earn up to $16,920 without it affecting your benefits. If you reach retirement age during 2017, you will be able to earn up to $44,880 and not have it affect your Social Security benefits.
- The maximum allowable Social Security benefits increased from $118,500 to $127,200.
When Should You Claim Your Social Security Retirement Benefits?
Every case is different, and that’s why it’s so important that you talk to one of our Social Security advocates before making a decision. We can help you decide if you should wait until full retirement age, or if it would be beneficial for you to begin collecting your payments early.
If you decide to begin collecting your benefits before your full retirement age, then it will reduce the amount of your monthly check significantly and, if you wait until later, it will permanently increase your benefits by eight percent.
Here are the general requirements for full Social Security retirement benefits:
- If you were born before 1960, you’ll receive full benefits if you claim them between ages 66 and 66 and 10 months, depending on the year you were born in.
- If you were born after 1960 and want full benefits, you can claim them when you’re 67.
Get All the Information Before You Make This Crucial Decision!
We will match you with a Las Vegas Social Security representative who cares about you and wants you to have all the information you need before making the decision about when and how to apply for your Social Security retirement benefits. Don’t take a chance and get it wrong. After all, you’ve paid into the system for years—shouldn’t you get the most out of it that you can?
Visit our website now and find out how we can help with all your Social Security claims!